Tadas Gindrenas was born in 1979, in Panevezys, Lithuania. In 2008 he graduated from Vilnius Academy of Arts, the Department of Graphics. The unique artistic expression of T. Gindrenas artworks was already noticed while he was studying at the academy. Unlike many Lithuanian graphic artists, who mostly prefer creating small graphics, T. Gindrenas chose a completely different way – he focuses on large Linocuts, where he usually explores relevant topics of everyday life. The artworks of T. Gindrenas represent people‘s relationships, often marked by various misunderstandings. As art critics highlight, the atmosphere of city and fashion elements, noticed in T. Gindrenas artworks, can be linked to comic aesthetics.
Linocuts are interesting not only for their subject matters, but also for formal expression, for example, laconic and sometimes even rough performance as well as a tendency to manipulate with colors, especially grey shades. The professional artist usually uses second-hand sheets of linoleum for his artworks in order to reach extremely textured surfaces.
The artist says he does not follow either Lithuanian artists or world art trends - the biggest influence comes from life itself and his personal experiences.
- Group exhibition – auction, Vilnius Graphic Art Centre Gallery, Vilnius, Lithuania, 2006;
- International Light Festival – “LUX”, Vilnius, Lithuania, 2007;
- Group exhibition – “Four Way”, Scotland, Norway, Lithuania, Great Britain, 2007;
- Group exhibition – “Lithuanian Art”, Eichstätt, Germany, 2008;
- Group exhibition – “Across”, Norske Grafikere Gallery, Oslo, Norway, 2008;
- The Baltic States Biennial of Graphic Arts Kaliningrad – Koenigsberg, Russia, 2008;
- Personal exhibition at Simferopol Art Museum, Simferopol, Russia, 2008;
- Circe Carrefour International Pour La Recherche Et La Creation De L'estampe, AMAC - Galerie d'Art Contemporain de Chamalières, Chamalieres, France, 2009;
- Group exhibition in Varna, Bulgaria, 2010;
- Group exhibiton in Centro Cultural Borges, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2011;
- Group exhibition – “Identities in Contemporary Lithuanian Art”, Gliptoteka HAZU, Zagreb, Croatia, 2011;
- Group exhibition – “Contemporary Lithuanian Art. 100th Anniversary of Lithuanian; Independence”, Galerie Anita Beckers, Frankfurt, Germany, 2018;
- Group exhibition of Italian and Lithuanian graphic artists – “Crossroads 2”, Museo Agro Veientano, Formello, Italy, 2018.
- The National Museum of Lithuania and MO museum possess artworks by T. Gindrenas;
- Since 2008 has been a member of Lithuanian Artists’ Association;
- In 2009 he got a grant from the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Lithuania.