Born in Birstonas, Lithuania, Jurgita Ranceviene graduated from the faculty of arts at Justinas Vienozinskis Academy in Kaunas in 1998. Nowadays, Ranceviene is a highly professional and productive artist who constantly explores and questions the boundaries of art.
Paintings of Ranceviene are distinguishable for their unique artistic expression, which is marked by a mixture of surrealism, pop art, psychedelic art, cubism and expressionism, yet most frequently associated with figurative expressionism and cubism. Bright, contrasting colors, expressive brushstrokes, improvisation, playful and theatrical approach successfully interact with two-dimensional figures and the lack of illusory perspective, while colorful surfaces are managed with dynamic contouring.
Ranceviene’s artworks are also notable for mesmerizing visual narratives that are highly illustrative and full of humor and irony. Characters of paintings are closely related to archetypes and myths, creating an irrational artistic reality. Moreover, her paintings often feature duplicate figures which reveal dual sexualities of the character. This way, the artist seeks to provoke the viewer and invoke their individual participation in perception of the art. According to the author, every person is capable of revealing hidden images in a unique way.
- Group exhibition, Birstonas Culture Center, Birstonas, Lithuania, 2017;
- Solo exhibition, Ruta Gallery, Klaipeda, Lithuania, 2017;
- Arvest Expo Group International Exhibition , Yerevan, Armenia, 2018;
- Group exhibition – "Living in Life Jazzing ", Birstonas Culture Center, Birstonas, Lithuania, 2018;
- Solo exhibition – "Room of Secrets", Vincas Kudirka Library, Kaunas, Lithuania, 2018;
- New York International Exhibition, Swiss Institute of Contemporary Art, New York, United States, 2018;
- International exhibition – "Alternatywy 33", dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Regaining Independence of Poland, Poland, 2018;
- International exhibition – "Ostrow Wielkopolsky", Ukraine, 2018;
- International Exhibition of 12 Artists, Rome, Italy, 2018;
- Best Art Exhibition of the Year, Kaunas, Lithuania, 2019.
OTHER INFORMATION: ·
The artist has been actively participating in exhibitions since 2009;· Ranceviene has participated in various international Plein-air event and campaigns in Lithuania, Ukraine, Poland and India;