Born in 1970, Vilnius, Lithuania, he studied architecture, though he didn’t finish his studies. Nevertheless, the constructive architectural sophistication is noticed in his artworks. Nowadays, Miezis is a well-known Lithuanian artist, whose artworks are admired by both Lithuanian and foreign audiences.
Paintings by Miezis stand out for their primitive poster-like, childish appearance and positive energy. While images are flattened, geometrical shapes have no perspective or depth. Canvases are highly decorative, ornamented and stylized. The coloring is almost synthetic and exceptionally vivid. The art of Miezis is also distinguishable for its hyper-realistic painting technique, and polished surfaces create a sensation of vacuum space.
Canvases by Miezis are also notable for their features of postmodernism. Unlike highly modern painting technique, the subject matter usually belongs to folklore or myths, whereby the mythical heroes are adapting into nowadays environment. Similarly to postmodernists, Miezis is close to the history, and by creating he laconically reflects and recreates historical facts, current society problems, often hidden under unrealistic dreams. At first glance, entertaining and playful art pieces are enriched with many philosophical implications, grotesque, irony and subtle lyricism.
According to the artist, the most valuable thing in creative work is an opportunity to be totally free and authentic, the act of painting gives a chance to set inner self free.
- Personal exhibition in Architects House Gallery, Kaunas, Lithuania, 1992;
- Personal exhibition in Ten Gallery, Liepaja, Latvia, 1995;
- Group exhibition – “The Lithuanian Art at the Bosa”, Bosa, Italy, 1998;
- Group exhibition in Bornholm Art Gallery, Bornholm, Denmark, 1998;
- Group exhibition – “Kunst in der Werkstatt”, Schlitz, Germany, 2001;
- International exhibition in Caisa Gallery, Helsinki, Finland, 2003;
- Group exhibition in Wilson’s Gallery, Chicago, USA, 2003;
- Group Project – “New romanticism” in Kaliningrad Regional Museum of History and Art, Kaliningrad, Russia, 2006;
- Personal exhibition in Galerie mare Liberum, Hamburg, Germany, 2013;
- Group exhibition – "Quartet - Lithuanian accents" at the Leitzkau Schloss Castle Gallery, Germany, 2016;
- Exhibition of Lithuanian artists – "Lithuanian Art - Destination London", D-Contemporary gallery, London, Great Britain, 2017;
- Asia Contemporary Art Show, Hong Kong, 2018.
- Since 1992, Miezis has been participating in both solo and group exhibitions all over the world ;
- In 2002, he received the ‘Kreis Lippe’ scholarship and spent six months doing internship in Germany;
- In addition to painting, Miezis spares much of his time to digital creations – digital music as well as digital photo-mixes. His first digital music CD was published in 2008;
- In 2012, Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Lithuania granted Miezis the status of an art creator.