Paulius Arlauskas (a.k.a Puka) was born in 1965. In 1989 he graduated from Siauliai Pedagogical institute, Faculty of Arts. The painter is highly versatile and capable of creating create various arts, including painting, graphics, music, performances, video or writing. One of the most significant attributes of P. Arlauskas’s paintings is symbolism. Even the smallest components like colors or clothes patters of portraying figures are profoundly measured and have their meanings. The painting manner is very detailed, precise and decorative so that compositions look like endless ornaments. Moreover, a human being is another important feature of P. Arlauskas creations. Usually, human figures are trapped in a bunch of surrounding ornaments and symbols, yet there are very realistic portraits of particular people. After all, erotic images in P. Arlauskas’s art have links with traditional Japanese prints (shunga) where nudity and highly erotic fantasies are astonishing and breathtaking.
- First exhibition – “Graphics“, Siauliai Art Gallery, Siauliai, Lithuania, 1993;
- Group exhibition - “The Art Of Lithuania” at Contemporary Art Centre, Vilnius, Lithuania, 1997;
- Participation in the International Exhibition Of Sacral Ex Libris , Siauliai Art Gallery, Siauliai, Lithuania, 1998;
- “Hunting” – solo painting exhibition at Melnikov gallery, Heidelberg, Germany, 2001;
- Solo exhibition – “Portraits” at Antanas Moncys House, Palanga, Lithuania, 2003;
- Solo exhibition – “The Dragon Of Vilnelė” at Užupis Art Incubator, Vilnius, Lithuania, 2007;
- Exhibition “Heroes Of Our Time” at Jonas Mekas Visual Arts Centre, Vilnius, Lithuania, 2009;
- Participation in the Media Art Festival - “Enter”, Siauliai Art Gallery, Siauliai, Lithuania, 2011;
- Group exhibition – “Swarm” at Gallery RA, Vilnius, Lithuania, 2013;
- Exposition at the International Contemporary Art Fair – ARTVILNIUS’15, Vilnius, Lithuania, 2015.
- International workshops of interdisciplinary art – “Cocine painting”, Siauliai Art Gallery, Šiauliai, Lithuania, 2010
- “Heroen Boch project” dedicated to the 500th death anniversary of Hieronymus Bosch, Hieronymus Bosch Art Centre, Holland, 2011
- In 1999 P. Arlauskas created the smallest Ex Libris all over Lithuania (measurements – 5,2mm x 4,8mm, etching technique).
- In 2009 m. he painted the realistic portrait of Lithuanian president Dalia Grybauskaite. Today the painting is the property of the president.
- In 2013 m. the painter portrayed the leader of Kazakhstan - Nursultan Nazarbayev. Today the painting is owned by the Embassy of Kazakhstan in Vilnius, Lithuania.
- In 2007 m. P. Arlauskas was nominated for the best painter in Lithuanian movie “Collector “, directed by K. Buožytė.
- The artist has arranged over 40 personal exhibitions and participated in 70 group exhibitions.
- Art lovers from the United States, Great Britain, Italy, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland possess various paintings of P. Arlauskas.